RECKON POINT OF SALE
Point of Sale Professional
Advanced features to help you manage sales, inventory, customers and accounting.
Point of Sale Professional has advanced functionality that allows you to set up promotions, create customer loyalty programs and manage tables and kitchen order printing for restaurants and cafes making it ideal for retail and hospitality. With comprehensive integration to Reckon Accounts accounting software, it offers features to process sales quickly and efficiently, manage inventory, customers and accounting.
|Automatic error detection for end-of-day transfer to Reckon Accounts||•|
|Set layby sales and refunds to ‘pending’ in Reckon Accounts||•|
|24/7 online registration of POS terminal||•|
|Compliant with the National Measurement Institute||•|
|Back office management||•|
|Multi-layer customisable on-screen touch keyboard||•|
|Label printing software||•|
|Transactions on hold||•|
|Transaction history for printing receipts||•|
|User and role-based security features||•|
|Integrated EFTPOS and PayWave/PayPass||•|
|Table Manager and kitchen printing||•|
|Enhanced customer loyalty programs||•|
|Unlimited barcodes per item||•|
|Automatic database backup||•|
Point of Sale Professional 2019
Process sales and run store operations
Process sales quickly and efficiently, giving your staff more time to spend with your customers. Set up your POS system with touch buttons, colour scheme and select screen size to make processing transactions quick and easy whilst minimising errors. You can also create and assign barcodes to save time at the check-out, improve customer service and accurately process transactions.
“Reckon is the best accounting programme I have used, and your support is 10 out of 10. I have been a bookkeeper for 30+ years.”
— Barbara Brabiner, Whale Cove
Customer and stock management
Manage customer accounts and lay-bys. Build up a customer database with a full history of their transactions. Easily see what they like, what they buy and when they buy it. POS integration with Accounts also lets you record, track and reconcile everything you buy and sell. Identify what items make you the most money and which items don’t. Quickly view your stock levels and even see what’s on order and when you can expect it.
“Reckon POS offers great flexibility and options, with features that not only save time but reduce the chance of error”
— Robyn Ricket, AST Consultants
Table Manager and kitchen order printing
Designed for managing tables in restaurants and cafes Table Manager can help with tracking statuses like reserved, served, paid bill. When combined with Kitchen Order Printing you can acheive increased capacity for customer orders and improved efficiency. The Table Manager feature can also be utilised to track the status of hire cars, mechanic repair bays and other businesses where multiple stages are tracked.
Customer loyalty programs and promotions
Increase customer loyalty and repeat purchases by managing points-based customer loyalty programs and other product promotions.
Frequently asked questions
Why are Reckon Accounts and POS sold together?
The Reckon Point of Sale range gives businesses effective point of sale management and the tools to perform quick transactions while integrating with Reckon Accounts offers features to manage sales, inventory, customers and accounting.
Can I order outside of Australia?
Reckon POS is only available in Australia and New Zealand. New Zealand POS is available via the Reckon NZ website and via their e-store.
Where can I find POS training?
Reckon Accredited Partners, who are Point of Sale experts, can assist with installation and training.
What are the POS system requirements?
- 2.0 GHz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent with 2GB of RAM
- Microsoft® Windows 7/8/10
- 500 MB of disk space for Point of Sale installation
- Reckon Accounts** Accounting, Plus, Premier or Enterprise 2019 pre-installed
- 1GB of disk space for Reckon Accounts* installation
- Super VGA or higher resolution: at least 1024x768 pixel resolution
- 50 x CD-ROM
- All online features/services require High speed Internet connection
NOTE: The list of hardware compatible with the current version of Point of Sale is here.
*Reckon Accounts system requirements are higher than POS. Please ensure that you make a note of these prior to installing your software.
Point of Sale functions with Reckon Accounts 2019 Accounting, Plus, Premier, or Enterprise levels. You must install/upgrade your previous version of Reckon Accounts before installing/upgrading to Point of Sale. The Reckon Accounts 2019 Installation and Upgrade Guide document provides details on installing Reckon Accounts and upgrading your data file.
What hardware is POS software compatible with?
The list of hardware compatible with the current version of Point of Sale is here.
Can I use any version of Reckon Accounts?
POS Lite and Professional integrates with Accounts Accounting, Plus, Premier and Enterprise. The version of POS and Reckon Accounts must be the same.
How will I receive my software?
When you purchase a product on eStore, you will be provided with your licence key and a link to download the software as soon as you complete your purchase. For most purchases you can request the software on CD in case you need to re-install your product, along with related documentation.
Where can I find help installing POS software?
There are a number of ways to get your software installed and set up ready for use. Many users find it easy to follow the instruction manual themselves, while others, particularly those with more complicated business structures, appreciate help from an expert.
The Installation and Setup Guide provides step-by-step instructions for setting up your POS software.
Consult a Reckon Advisor
Reckon Advisors can help you set your entire system up. From choosing the right product, installing the software and provide one-on-one training, they are experts in Point of Sale software. Search for an Advisor
What are the Accounts system requirements?
- 2.0 GHz Intel Pentium IV (or equivalent)
- 1GB RAM for Windows Server2008/2012/2016*
- 1GB of RAM for Windows® 7, 8 and 10 users (Windows 8 & 10 require 1GB for 32-bit & 2GB for 64-bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® 7/8/10 operating system
- 1GB of disk space (additional space required for company files)
- Microsoft® .NET Framework Common Language Runtime 2.0 & 3.5 (provided on Reckon Accounts Installation DVD, requires an additional 150MB)
- (New Zealand only) Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.0 for the Reckon NZ Payroll E-File Checker (provided on Reckon Accounts Installation DVD, requires an additional 150 MB)
- Requires 9 MB for Pro Timer
- At least 256-colour SVGA video
- 1024 x 768 pixel screen resolution
- DVD drive or Internet connection for downloads
- All online features/services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps modem (ADSL or Cable Modem recommended)
*Windows Small Business Server 2008 requires 4GB RAM. Windows Small Business Server 2003 is not supported.
** Not all versions of Windows 7, 8 and 10 are supported. Support is provided for Windows 7, 8, 10 Pro and above.
- Microsoft Word and Excel integration requires Microsoft Word and Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016
- Compatible with Reckon Point of Sale Lite or Professional (latest version only).
- Multi-user mode is optimised for Microsoft Windows® Server 2008, Windows® Server 2012 and Windows® Server 2016 operating systems, and for Windows® 7/8/10*
- Terminal Services are supported for Reckon Accounts Premier and Enterprise
*Not all versions of Windows® are supported. Support is provided for Windows® 7/8/10 Pro and above.