The Reckon ODBC Driver is a powerful tool that allows you to connect with live data from Reckon directly to any applications that support ODBC connectivity.
Easily connect to live Reckon data through any ODBC capable application or tool! With the Driver, users can access Reckon the same way that they would connect to any other ODBC data source. The Drivers are completely self-contained; no additional software installation is required. Access Reckon data like you would a database – read, write, and update Customers, Products, Pricing, Transactions, Invoices, Sales Receipts, etc. through a standard ODBC Driver interface.
- Standards-Compliant ODBC: ODBC 3.8 compliant native protocol based drivers.
- Unicode, 32-bit and 64-bit support: Support 32-bit and 64-bit applications and unicode ODBC APIs.
- Cross-platform ODBC: Available for Microsoft Windows, Unix, and Mac (macOS / OS X) platforms.
- Certified Compatibility*: Our drivers undergo extensive testing and are certified to be compatible with leading analytics and reporting applications like Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and many more.
- ODBC Remoting: Our exclusive remoting feature allows hosting the ODBC connection on a server to enable connections from various clients on any platform (Java, .NET, C++, PHP, Python, etc.), using any standards based technology (ODBC, JDBC, etc.). ODBC Remoting is enabled using the popular MySQL wire protocol server.
- Replication and Caching: Our replication and caching commands make it easy to copy data to local and cloud data stores such as Oracle, SQL Server, Google Cloud SQL, etc. The replication commands include many features that allow for intelligent incremental updates to cached data.
- String, Date, Numeric SQL Functions: The driver includes a library of 50 plus functions that can manipulate column values into the desired result. Popular examples include Regex, JSON, and XML processing functions.
- Collaborative Query Processing: Our drivers enhance the data source’s capabilities by additional client-side processing, when needed, to enable analytic summaries of data such as SUM, AVG, MAX, MIN, etc.
- Easily Customizable and Configurable: The data model exposed by our ODBC Drivers can easily be customized to add or remove tables/columns, change data types, etc. without requiring a new build. These customizations are supported at runtime using human-readable schema files that are easy to edit.
- Secure Connectivity: Includes standard Enterprise-class security features such as TLS/ SSL data encryption for all client-server communications.
Why use this app?
- Bi-directional access: Our ODBC Driver provides users with the ability to read and write Reckon data from within any apps that support ODBC connectivity, including popular BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI.
- Live connection: Instead of working with a static data dump in your BI tool, the ODBC Driver lets you refresh the connection as often as you want, ensuring that you’re working with the most up-to-date data when you need it.
- Easy-to-use: The ODBC Driver is easy to install and configure and is used directly from within popular BI, reporting, and ETL tools. You simply need to configure the connection to Reckon, logging in with your user and password.
- Self-contained: The CData ODBC Driver is completely self-contained, so there’s no additional software required.
- Familiar: The CData ODBC Driver puts your Reckon data in the tools and apps you already use, where you’re already comfortable working with data.
Who is it for?
Data Analysts, Accounts/Sales Managers. Users gain access to their Reckon data in widely-used tools that support ODBC connectivity (Tableau, MS Access, Power BI, etc.) and custom applications (written using the ODBC API).
What type of data is shared between the app and Reckon?
- Sales orders
- Invoice data